Cosplay Rules & Guidelines
LumaCON is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense and be considerate of other attendees when creating your outfits.
Tips for This Year
With the cosplay contest being online this year, we're asking participants to "get in character" like never before! Try acting out some of your characters signature moves for your video, or imagine how they might go about doing the things you do every day-walking the dog, making a snack, saving the universe?! It's up to you!
LumaCON encourages attendees to show their enthusiasm by dressing for the occasion! Awesome costumes really add to the event. In order to make it fun and safe for all attendees, LumaCON is setting a few ground rules:
· LumaCON is family-friendly. Keep it PG.
· Cover your body parts. “No Costume” is not a costume. “Paint” is not a costume either. No intentional or unintentional wardrobe malfunctions allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments.
· Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate. Participants should not use sexualized images/clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized entry.
· If you’re not within guidelines, you will not be considered for judging and may be unpublished or blocked from social media.
· All military, law enforcement and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
· Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated.
Weapons and Prop Policy
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume. Please use costume weapons in your entry responsibly.
· LumaCON reserves the right to alter rules or policies to protect public safety or ensure a safe and successful event.
· Participants found to be in violation of these rules will be subject to removal from the contest.